„Summer School on Democracy: Elections to the European Parliament in CEE states”
Detailed programme will be published later.
16.06.2019- Travel day
1. Welcome speeches - 09:00 am [Venue: Europa House, Widok 10 St, Wroclaw]
Prof. Dr. hab. Adam Jezierski, Rector of the University of Wroclaw
Head of the European Commission′s Regional Representation in Wrocław (TBC)
Dr. Piotr Sula, Vice director of the Institute of Political Science, University of Wroclaw
2. Planary Lecture - speaker TBC (Lecture+discussion) - 14.00 - 15.30
18.06.2019 - 26.06.2019
- The Rise of Populism in Europe: Cause or Symptom of Crisis?
- Euroscepticism as Integral Part of Populism in Europe
- Anti-Establishment and Protest Parties′ Performance in Second-Order Elections: the Case of 2019 European Parliament Elections in Central Europe
- Historical Traditions as Sources for Czech Euroscepticism Today? How Does History Affect Recent Negative Approaches towards European Union in the Czech Society?
27.06.2019 - Travel day
Regular lectures will be given by scholars employed at the Institute of Political Science and Partner Institutions: Dr. Jarmila Androvicova (Matej Bel University), Petr Just (Metropolitan University Prague), Dúró József (Corvinus University), Matevž Tomšič (University of Ljubljana), Gál Zsolt (Comenius University).